What does the Shinola Guarantee cover?
Your Shinola watch is warranted by Shinola for the lifetime of the watch under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The Shinola warranty covers faulty workmanship under normal use for the lifetime of the product. In case of defects covered by the warranty, all components (excluding battery, leather/rubber/nylon strap and buckle) will be repaired or the watch will be replaced free of charge. In the case of a replacement, Shinola cannot guarantee that you will receive the same watch model. If your model is not available a watch of equal value and similar style will be provided. A check or money order payable to Shinola/Detroit, LLC in the amount of $25.00 as service and handling fee must be included for all warranty and repair services. The fee is subject to change.
This Warranty Does Not Cover
- Leather/rubber/nylon strap, battery or buckle
- Damage resulting from improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear
- Water damage unless marked 'water-resistant';
- This warranty is void if the watch has been damaged by accident, negligence or persons other than authorized Shinola sales or service agents, unauthorized service, or other factors not due to defects in materials or worksmanship.
- Pre-owned vintage watches sold in as-is condition.
- The following warranties and remedies are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, terms or conditions, express, implied or statutory, as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, satisfactory quality, title, and non-infringement, all of which are expressly disclaimed by Shinola. Shinola shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages or liabilities of any kind arising out of or in connection with the sale or use of this product, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or any other theory, even if Shinola has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if any limited remedy specified herein is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose. Shinola’s entire liability shall be limited to replacement or repair at Shinola’s 25 sole option. However some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you have your watch battery replaced by any service provider other than a Shinola authorized service center, such replacement will not void your warranty, so long as such replacement (i) is performed by an experienced and legitimate service center, (ii) is not performed in a negligent manner, and (iii) is reassembled properly, including without limitation, replacement of gasket if necessary to achieve suitable water-tightness. Shinola has the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, if any such third party battery replacement voids your warranty.
Where can I get my watch repaired?
You can drop your watch off at any Shinola store and we’ll be happy to mail it to our service center in Detroit for repair.
If you don’t live near a Shinola store, or if you would prefer to mail your watch in, please fill out and submit our watch repair form to create a warranty or repair request and we’ll email you with full instructions on how to send your watch to our service center.
For European repairs: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other countries: Please contact us and we’ll inform you of your options.
How do I set the time and date of a watch that features a screw down crown?
Do not attempt to pull out the screw down crown, first unscrew it from the case by turning it counterclockwise until it releases. Once released, follow the instructions for setting the time/date as described on pages 2 – 4 in our watch manual. To reseal the crown, press it in against the case until the threads engage, and turn clockwise until tight.
Click here to view a video that explains how to set the time on these watches.
How do I care for my watch and straps?
Each Shinola timepiece is designed and manufactured to the highest of standards. Unlike most other mechanical objects, a watch operates non-stop. In order to ensure optimal performance and longevity from your Shinola timepiece, please review the simple guidelines for care and precautions.
- Clean your watch with a soft cloth and water only. Do not submerge your watch under water unless it is water rated.
- After saltwater use, rinse watch under tap water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Metal bracelets should be cleaned perdiodically. Clean with a soft brush dipped in mild soapy water and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
- We advise having your timepiece serviced every 18-24 months to ensure long use and trouble-free operation.
Your timepiece is a complex integration of parts and components brought together by skilled craftspeople. There are certain actions or environmental sitations that may damage or impede your timepiece's ability to perform optimally.
It is important to avoid the following conditions: extreme heat or cold, as well as prolonged periods of exposure to direct sunlight, exposure to wet conditions that exceed your timepiece’s water rating. (See caseback and chart).
Your timepiece should not be affected by magnetic fields generated by household items such as televisions and stereos, but avoidance of other strong electric fields or static electricity, which may interrupt mechanism, is suggested. It is also important to avoid extreme shock or impact.
Power Saving Mechanism
In order to extend the battery life of your watch when it¹s not in use, gently pull the movement stem/crown out until you feel it click. This will reduce battery power consumption 23 by 70%. Please note that this is the same stem/crown position that is used to perform a quick TIME SETTING. If your watch features a screw-down crown, follow the instructions at the beginning of this manual to release the crown before pulling it out all the way.
End of Battery Life (EOL)
Your watch is equipped with a feature to indicate when the battery level is low. When the battery gets to that stage, the second hand will jump 4 steps at a time, every 4 seconds. This behavior lowers the power consumption while still displaying the time accurately and letting you know that it is time to change the battery.
Leather Conditioning Balm
Unique formula cleans, polishes and protects, leaving a soft satiny finish that retards water spotting and cracking. Enhances the life and natural lustre of your leather watch strap. May be used safely on all colors of Shinola leather watch strap (please note that use of this product may darken the color of your watch strap). Do not use on suede or nubuck.
Directions: Apply a small amount with soft cloth, let dry and buff lightly
Ingredients: Paraffin wax, Tallow, and Mink Oil
Caution: Do not take internally. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Are Shinola watches waterproof?
All the Shinola timepieces are designed with a minimum water-resistance rating of 3ATM (100ft / 30m).
The water-resistance of a timepiece protects the movement from dust, moisture, and risk of damage to the movement should it be immersed in water. Please see chart for guidelines for recommended exposure of various water ratings.
It is important not to attempt to adjust the position of the crown while the timepiece is in contact with water. Water can enter the case causing damage to the movement. For timepieces with screw-down crowns, it is important to ensure the crown is in the proper position and completely locked before contact with water. For timepieces with chronograph functions, do not engage the chronograph under water, as water may leak into the case and cause damage to the movement.
Manuals + PDFs
Please fill out the form below and we’ll email you with full instructions on how to send your watch to our service center